Car Questions

Transmission problem

(1998 Chevrolet Lumina)
in Houston, TX on December 22, 2010
My transmission is slipping when I put it in reverse and than when I put it in overdrive are any of the forward gears, but does fine at high speeds and low speeds after a few minutes, what can it be.It has a transmission code PO1870 to
Displaying 2 answers & 2 comments
on December 22, 2010
when was the last time it was serviced?? sounds like a seal issue but could be a partially clogged filter. if you have been driving for a while like this, damage may have been done internally.

Roy
on December 22, 2010
I serviced it earlier this week and still having problems
on December 23, 2010
A code P1870 usually indicates torque converter slippage. If you bring your car over to Mr. Transmission on I-10 East (713-455-1780)or on Antoine (713-683-0700), we will check it out for free and tell you what needs to be done.
on December 23, 2010

Also there are two different sensors since there are two different transmissions for this vehicle, I was told it has ...
car over heated, and quit running. tow truck driver tried to restart, he held the switch in start mode for a long tim...