Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance


(1995 Dodge Ram Van 1500)
in Davenport, IA on May 16, 2009
where is the transmission govenor located
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on May 22, 2009
I am pretty sure that your vehicle has a computer controlled trans which means that there is an output shaft speed sensor that has replaced the governor.The old mechanical governors would spin faster and faster and increase the up shift pressure until it forced an up shift ( I used to rebuild transmissions for years ) The output shaft speed sensor is a common failure and I have replaced many on the Mopar vehicles. Is your Van not up shifting properly? What is your concern with the trans operation?
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
Not sure of the problem... Had filter and fluid changed but no luck,still doing it
Need to repair the clutch in manual transmission but needa manual
Didn't find what you were looking for?