RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Q: transmission on 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis

Was changine transmission fluid to try to help a shudder that happens when going into overdrive - - - found a plastic valve and o-ring in pan when pulled it... Where is that from? Trying to figure out where it goes... thanks.
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
| |
The white/yellow plastic piece is a shipping plug, used to block the dipstick hole when the transmission is shipped to Ford. When the tube is inserted at the factory it falls harmlessly into the pan. Discard the plug.
Didn't find what you were looking for?