RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Q: trans fluid on 2004 Lincoln Aviator

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
im told that to refill the transfluid that you fill from the drain plug but where is the fluid going to come out of when you get it full
No car image 94a1663db56199c5353592009e34aaa51078a2469bed068bb8d6f0ba43accf97
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
You actually do not fill from the drain plug. You fill into the fill plug.

The fill plug takes a special service tool fitting that goes in to allow fluid to be "injected" in little by little. Some shops use this adapter with a power steering fluid exchange machine to add fluid (using Mercon V fluid of course) in order to accelerate this process.

The transmission is full when at the fill hole fluid starts to overflow.
Didn't find what you were looking for?