RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Q: top leaks on 1999 Chrysler Sebring

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
on drivers side I get water in the car when it rains I dont seek howv it leaks into the car
No car image 94a1663db56199c5353592009e34aaa51078a2469bed068bb8d6f0ba43accf97
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
There are drain plugs under each side of the car by the front door and by the back tires. The get plugged. I took a flat head screw driver and pryed it open a little and about a gallon of water ran out onto the drive. Hope this helps
Mine is doing the same thing (water in the driver floor board), I can hear the water swishing when I put on the brakes. I looked for the drains and couldn't find them. What do they look like? I have a 96 Chrysler Sebring
UDATE!!! I think I may have found it. There is a white plug on what looks like a pan of some sort by the drivers rear wheel. I sure would like to pull that plug if someone could tell me that is it?? UPDATE!!! That wasnt the water plug it was the gas plug on the gas tank!!! I am covered in gas and I liked to never got it back on.
I'm assuming you have a Sebring Convertible like I have (2006). Yes, they have drain holes that at the bottom of the car. Have not found them but should. As I understand it, the convertible version of any car is structurally much different than the regular car with a solid top. If the holes are plugged or semi-plugged I think standing water in the tube leads to rust on the lower panel below the door (which I inherited when I bought the car a year ago). I would just google the problem and see what comes up on YouTube. That's what I do and it mostly works.
Didn't find what you were looking for?