RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Q: the rear axle needs adjustment, tires are lean outward, on 2001 BMW X5

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
what is the name of the part that will adjust the wheels to proper alignment. How much should it cost to do, and what is the name of the part that needs to be adjusted. Someone says it is the Camer, but they did not know how to spell it. They said only BMW dealers can do that true! They also said it does not take long to do?
No car image 94a1663db56199c5353592009e34aaa51078a2469bed068bb8d6f0ba43accf97
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
IF the CAMBER is adjustable from the factory , then any properly equipped alignment shop (NOT chain store type!), should be able to handle it. IF the camber is not adjustable , then yes you may want to bring it to the dealer , so it's done right , the first time (a theory some shops still work with).
Didn't find what you were looking for?