Car Questions

The information system says battery is not charging-what is the problem? is there a test for the alternator performance for this car?

(1999 Cadillac DeVille)
in Potwin, KS on August 21, 2014
Displaying 2 answers & 0 comments
of APEX Automotive on August 21, 2014
The alternator can be checked using a voltmeter. Connect the red lead to the positive termainal of the battery and the black lead to the negative termanal of the battery. A good alternator will have 13-14.5 volts.
on October 29, 2014
Your alternator is about to go! Get it replaced now or you could get stranded on a highway in the middle of nowhere like I did! You might have a week or 2 from the first time you see the warning message! Don't ignore it like I did....it cost me dearly!

when I try to start my car it won't start, I have to play around with the gear selector to get it to start. What do y...
My windows gas door and trunk won't open what should I do Cadillac sedan DeVille 96 please help