Q: T&C 2006 Camshaft sensor replacement on 2006 Chrysler Town & Country

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
I own a Town & Country 2006 minivan. The check engine light went on, the engine stutters and the check indicates the camshaft sensor is malfunctioning. The auto parts shop wants $400 for parts & installation.

I saw the parts online for about $50 and my question is:
1. How do I replace the camshaft sensor myself? Where is it located at?
2. Will any part that's fits my cars' model do, or do I need a specific brand?

(1) Answer
When it comes to these types of parts (engine management sensors) I suggest you use the parts from the manufacturer.
If you plan of performing the work, spend the money and get a good repair manual. You might find a free manual here: or go to or and get an online repair manual subscription.
Don't skimp here, you will save money by having the correct information for this repair, and for any others you will need.
Didn't find what you were looking for?