RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Q: Steering pump hose to the junction also called the pressure hose? on 2003 Ford Escort

I recently sold my 2003 zx2 to my mother-in-law. I had it towed to a service shop not even a mile from me in Virginia and told them to look it over and fix anything that should be and also get it inspected. They called and said the Power Steering hose had a hole in it and they ordered the hose for about $80 then charged me $136 for looking in a guide to fix it.

The car drove fine to Maryland where my mother-in-law lives but it needed their state inspection since it was more stringent than Virginia so on the same day the car had a second inspection . We came back and he lifted the car in the air, Power steering fluid was dripping all along the ground, he said that the power steering pressure hose had a leak and he would need to replace it. Which cost another $250

Were these two hoses the same part? I feel the station in Virginia owes me a refund. Other things were wrong with the invoice too. Like they said it was test driven but the milage on the paper was the same and I asked the clips be placed back on the power steering fluid holder to clamp the hoses tightly, they didnt do that either.

Another question is who can I report the Virginia station to if they dont want to give me my money back, I could have been killed if my power steering went out while I was traveling 70 mph.
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
Yes, I believe it's the same part. In California, there is a state agency called the Bureau of Auto Repair, which would handle your claim. If there is a similar state agency or governing body in Virginia, then that is where I would turn. Otherwise, you're probably stuck with the Better Business Bureau.
Didn't find what you were looking for?