Car Questions

Starting/Electrical problem after rainstorm

(2000 Audi TT)
in Branford, CT on April 15, 2011
My TT developed a strange problem after a pretty heavy rainstorm. The car is completely dead - no lights, no dash, no starter turnover-not even a click. After a half dozen attempts the lights came on when the key was inserted and the car started normally. It idled normally... I turned it off and immediately tried to restart - dead. I let it sit in the sun for a second day to "dry out" but had the same problem starting. Once it started I drove around for about 20 minutes, pulled in the driveway shut it off and had the same start problem. Any ideas?
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on April 18, 2011
Hello Anonymous,
Is this car a convertible? If so it is common for the fabric around the rear window to tear or fray whereby allowing water to enter the car and short out the comfort module. If it is a hardtop it could have a leak that is doing the same thing. Feel free to give us a call, we would be happy to take a look for you 203-262-0569

My Audi 29th won't go into1st r 2nd gear. What might be the cause of you even know the answer cuz. U don't seem to un...
My car's engine light (with the lightning bolt) came on while I was driving it. I had noticed the car would sometime...