Car Questions

Starting/Electrical problem after rainstorm

(2000 Audi TT)
in Branford, CT on April 15, 2011
My TT developed a strange problem after a pretty heavy rainstorm. The car is completely dead - no lights, no dash, no starter turnover-not even a click. After a half dozen attempts the lights came on when the key was inserted and the car started normally. It idled normally... I turned it off and immediately tried to restart - dead. I let it sit in the sun for a second day to "dry out" but had the same problem starting. Once it started I drove around for about 20 minutes, pulled in the driveway shut it off and had the same start problem. Any ideas?
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on April 18, 2011
Hello Anonymous,
Is this car a convertible? If so it is common for the fabric around the rear window to tear or fray whereby allowing water to enter the car and short out the comfort module. If it is a hardtop it could have a leak that is doing the same thing. Feel free to give us a call, we would be happy to take a look for you 203-262-0569
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Replaced battery and power asst. for the breaks quit working when i backed it down the drive. is the power booster re...
So i have an electrical problem in my car. it's a 2000 audi tt and it's frustrating because i've been trying to bring...