Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

SRS warning light - strange brehavior

(2004 Honda Accord)
in Arlington, TX on August 29, 2009
When I start and drive in the morning the SRS light stays off. When I get to my destination and get ready to turn the engine off the SRS light comes on. I've tried to associate it with 3 things that I do at that point. 1) Putting car in park. 2) turning off the AC. 3) Unbuckling the seat belt. I have not been able to definately associate it with any one of these actions but the SRS light does come on about 80% of the time as I do these 3 things. The other 20% of the time it does not come on. If I restart the car when it is still warm the SRS light comes on and stays on. If the engine is cold it usually doesn't come on until I reach a destination, put it in park, turn off the AC and remove my seat belt. If the light is on at startup of a warm engine it stays on for the duration of my trip. If it is not on it does not come on while driving - only when I go through the 3 steps above when I reach my destination. What's happening?
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on September 04, 2009
As you can tell, it is very hard to say what is happening based on your description. You have been very complete in your observations but in this case that is not enough. There is help however, whenever the SRS warning light comes on there should be fault codes stored in the SRS control module. These codes can be read using a scan tool which you local repair shop should have. The stored code(s) will indicate an electrical circuit or circuits which are causing the fault. One the technician knows the fault code(s) the circuits in question can be checked and the problem found and corrected.
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
I have an 02 Honda Accord, the passenger rear floor board is wet, even when it's not raining. We have determined that...
I have a 2004 Honda accord. Transmission light is on but there is nothing wrong with my transmission. How do I reset ...
Didn't find what you were looking for?