QUESTIONS

Q: Shifting problems. on 1997 Honda Accord

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
I took it to get an oil change and the men showed me it was low on transmission fluid. I knew my car has been shifting funny so I let them flush it. It was working fine until today it wouldn't shift around 20 mph. I stopped and put it in park then back in to gear but it wouldn't shift into gear so I turned it off for a minute then turned it back on and it started working for about 10 more minutes. After a couple more stops it acted up around 20 mph. again. It has 180,000 miles so it won't surprise me if I will need to get another transmission.
No car image 94a1663db56199c5353592009e34aaa51078a2469bed068bb8d6f0ba43accf97
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
| |
The car needs a new transmission.The torque converter and the seals has gone bad and is clogging the screen in the transmission causing it to slip.My recommendation would be to replace the unit with a remanufacture transmission which should cost about 950.00
Your speed sensor is bad only ,if you are going to change it your self change the fluid also,the shift sensor screen need cleaning ,you can take them off used a part cleaner and replace them ,remenber flushing the transmission tranny is done by three refill or go to youtube and see transmission flush.next