QUESTIONS

Q: Service engine and reduced engine power lite problems on 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
Just about every day the service engine light and reduced power lite comes on. Several times the transmission locked up in low gear. When you shut the engine down for a few seconds the problem goes away momentarily. We have changed the throttle body and cleared codes. Problem continues.
No car image 94a1663db56199c5353592009e34aaa51078a2469bed068bb8d6f0ba43accf97
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
I'm having the same problem. the "check engine" and "reduced speed" lights come on. the trailblazer [02]
will only idle no matter how far I push the gas pedal down. I got it to the shop by driving the back roads, left it there. They just called to say I need a new throttle body. Wondering if that is the real problem.
If your vehicle has an electronic gas pedal. In other words the throttle body is controled by electric impulse from the gas pedal. Try replacing the gas pedal. I have bought them through parts stores, not dealers. See if your vehicle has this type of throttle control first.
Find Out Why Your Check Engine Light Is On