2005 Volvo S80 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2005 Volvo S80 owners like you.

2005 Volvo S80 Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2005 Volvo S80. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 8/4/11 | West Hills, CA
I own a 2005 S80 2.5T. I have had some issues with this car. On a regular basis, the bulbs in the headlights keep going out...the life on those is less than 3 months. Other annoying issue is the rubber insulation all around the windows and inside the engine gets really brittle and breaks off easy. I have changes that 3 times in 6 yrs...(appox. paying $90 per window+others...$500+ each time). Furthermore, hoses keep cracking and failing too...just quality of the product is not there.

Last week, we have a bigger issue...the transmission light came up. Dealership is telling me that the transmission will have to be changed because it can not be repaired. Another $4k in cost...I have $115k in mileage on the car. Also found out at 80k mileage that the Turbo was leaking oil too..Very frustrated...I have decided to go back to Japanese cars. Never will I buy Volvo again and will warn all against buying Volvo. Not worth it when it comes to repair and maintenance cost and quality is just poor.
By on 5/10/11 | Palmyra, PA
My 2005 Volvo S80 T6 has been a great find. I bought it used in 2008 and have only had one real problem with it. The tire valve stems/sensors continued to fail. I got sick of having to fill my tires with air all the time, and the dealer couldn't identify the problem right away, but eventually had to have them replaced. Other than that, I've kept up with the normal maintenance schedule and everything else has been perfect!
By on 4/14/11 | Decatur, GA
Great car! The 5th volvo that I've owned (240's, 740, 960) and definitely the best. Maybe the earlier versions had issues based on some posts, but volvo must have worked them out by 2005. I bought it used. Have had it for 3 years now (70,000 miles) and love it. No problems. Runs beautifully. And I expect it to last like my others. All over 150K. One over 250K and still counting. But that's a volvo for ya.