2004 Volvo S80 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2004 Volvo S80 owners like you.

2004 Volvo S80 Ratings Overview
2 car owners like you reviewed their 2004 Volvo S80. The average rating is a 3.0 out of 5.
2004 Volvo S80
By on 3/26/14 | Norton, MA
Have totaled 238,000 with little to no upsets. Just recently (last Fall) replaced all struts. Car well deserved it after 200K. Mainly been oil and tires and timing belt changes over the years, but just recently have to address a problem with the climate control module which means a serious investment $1200+. Intend on keeping the car because it does perform so well. And prices of new are out of sight. If $1200 is the cost to go another 75-100K I'll ante up. Only complaint I have is with expiring bulbs.
2004 Volvo S80
By on 10/25/12 | Seattle, WA
I have always own a Volvo since 1977 but they were the manual transmission. The last manual Volvo I had for ten years with almost 350,000 miles on it. I am very disappointed with the 2004 S80. My automatic transmission, I had to spend $5,000 on repairs and it only had 140,000 miles on it. The other cars I never had transmission problems. I recently had to replace the radiator, water pump, timing belt and thermostat all within two weeks. Again, the car doesn't have 150,000 miles on it. The mileage is a problem, I'm getting 5 miles less per gallon. I driving habits have not change. I was having electrical issue, my headlights kept blowing out and the dealers didn't have an answer. The radiator was leaking before the warranty but the dealer didn't find the issue until after the warranty was over. I will need to replace the brushing and arms. This will be the last Volvo I owned, I will never buy another Volvo. I will be shopping for another brand. Any suggestion out there?