2006 Volvo S40 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2006 Volvo S40 owners like you.

2006 Volvo S40 Ratings Overview
2 car owners like you reviewed their 2006 Volvo S40. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
2006 Volvo S40
By on 1/22/16 | Princeton, NJ
Okayyyyyy I got my 2006 Volvo S40 2.4i in 2009. This is my 1st car.... well that I brought. Since summer 2009 I have put 105,000 miles on this car. When I got it, it only had 30,000 on it. When it got to 100,000 miles the main parts with the car started to give out. I have paid for a passenger side control arm, two front axles, a passenger side wheel bearing, the transmissonis started to fail with gerking when getting up to speeds at 127,000 miles. I have gotten a transmisson flush, gas line flush, coolant flush, brake line flush, a tune up that really didnt help save gas at all & the many oil changes plus tires. It seems like my car is in the shop for something every 3 months for something or another. I love the look of the car & want to keep it but with a transmisson that is startting to fail maybe I should trade it in before its worth nothing.
2006 Volvo S40
By on 9/18/14 | San Carlos, CA
I have a 2006 S40, bought it at a Lexus dealer second hand. Went through previous repair documents and car fax. Car was and is still in Excellent condition, and has only 55K miles. However, 2 months after the purchase, the engine light appears on/off intermittently. Now it will not pass smog. Replaced oxygen and pressure sensors, Volvo dealers have had the car for a week and still cannot diagnose the problem. They suspect it is the electrical harness which cost over $2000 part only. Don't know if this will do the fix, I want to stop the bleeding and don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions….?