2000 Volvo S40 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2000 Volvo S40 owners like you.

2000 Volvo S40 Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 2000 Volvo S40. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 10/15/11 | Bonaire, GA
I desperately need an air tube for a 2000 S40 turbo. I looked on line and the product I can come up with was the K & N generation 1 performance edition air tube. Would this work on my car? If it does it is misleading because the K & N models do not have an attachment that connects to a smaller tube that attaches to the radiator. Is anyone tracking?

By on 5/27/11 | Aurora, ME
My 2000 S40 is a very good car, however given me headaches with endless problems. It has done 187 000Km and already I had to replace all my shocks and shock mountings, my engine mountings are making noises now. My biggest headache is my electronics, headlights not working correct, central locking not working all the time, radio aerial not working. I have been to an electrician and he says the Multifunction Control Module needs to be replace, however i have searched high and low and this part is not available in SA. I need help or will have to sell...
By on 12/30/10 | Chicago, IL
Overall my 2000 Volve S40 has been a good car, but now it won't pass my city's emission test. I really like this car, and I hope this isn't it's end.
By on 12/8/08 | San Jose, CA
My car has 130,000 miles with no unexpected problems. I have had to repair the turbo seal and right engine mount, both are listed in the common problems list. Car runs great and gets 34MPG on the freeway.