2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI owners like you.

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Ratings Overview
1 car owner like you reviewed their 2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI. The average rating is a 2.5 out of 5.
(1 Rating)
2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Displaying 1 reviewFilter
2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
By on 11/13/15 | Granada Hills, CA
Reliability Rating: (4.5/5)
Excellent
I have a 2011 Jetta TDI, turbo went out at 103,000 cost ~$1100 the particulate filter is about to need replace, cost near ~$1200 for just filter, timing belt kit ~250-$380 w/ water pump, recommended. All this only estimated cost. The labor cost for these works approximately $4000. So all together you are looking to pay about $7000-$8000 for these services. These issue my come one after the other closely after the 100000 miles. Before this millage point no single issue with my car. I would say this mileage your car worth about $9-12K I am not sure how anyone can justify paying these high maintenance cost, which comes after each other or altogether. VW does not document all this hidden expensive services. I would say if the car was originally was about $100K this maintenance cost might be expectable, but not for this category car. I have not mentioned the $300-$400 cost every 40KMiles forth e transmission. So think twice before you buy these and might be other VWs. I would recommend looking Toyota or Honda. Good luck.