2008 Volkswagen GTI Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2008 Volkswagen GTI owners like you.

2008 Volkswagen GTI Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2008 Volkswagen GTI. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 4/17/16 | Eugene, OR
I recently purchased a 2008 GTI and could not be any happier with its performance. Decent fuel effeciency is not sacrificed by having a turbocharged engine. I can get where I need to go both quickly and economically. Of course, it is also a good-looking car, with many standard features lacking on comparable vehicles. Anyone who wants a smooth, sexy ride that is fast and fun, yet still quite utilitarian should consider acquiring a GTI.
By on 4/15/10 | Navarre, FL
My husband bought this car because everyone ranked it as a best buy...but we have been really disappointed with this car. From poor VW dealership/parts shops. To the VW policy that they are okay with the GTI burning a quart of oil every 1000 miles!? VW has also been delaying the release of a new diagonostic reader to tell if the engine is running properly. (We've been asking our local dealership for months- and they didn't even have an idea when the would be receiving it) We are never buying VW again and we advice anyone interested in buying a new car not to buy VW.
By on 2/20/09 | Arcadia, CA
I love it! Everything is perfect from the back windshield wiper going on when it detects water when you back up to everything! lol