2008 Volkswagen Eos Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2008 Volkswagen Eos owners like you.

2008 Volkswagen Eos Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 2008 Volkswagen Eos. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
Value
Fuel Economy
Safety
Interior
Comfort
Performance
By on 5/17/18 | Springfield, IL | Car Owner
This car is a lemon. Thousands in repairs!!! It always has something wrong for such an expensive car. It is very comfortable but just mechanically does not last. The interior leather has pealed due to the wind with the top down. The top was bent by the wind screen that was not designed right. The engine has not lasted to 140k with regular oil changes. The seatbelt sensor and airbag sensors have both failed. The driver door has sagged twice requiring auto body work. Just from normal use.
No, I would not recommend this car.
By on 1/23/13 | Sarasota, FL
I have a 2007 Volks EOS which I'm the original owner. Two years ago, I had a major water leak problem. My car was parked in Florida and when I came back from up north the car had two inches of water accumulated on the rear floorboard, soaked front floorboards and water in the trunk wheel tire well. The car was left unattended for about a month before coming across this issue. There was mold throughout the car. The leather seats were pitted from the mold. I took the car to the local VW dealer and with hesitation and only after having their regional tech review the issue did they completely re haul the interior and fixed the problem. I had contacted my insurance company and they were ready to total the car out due to the amount of damage done by the mold. Apparently, there are some serious issues with respect to drainage on the EOS. You could call me if you need further. Mike 941-549-2438
By on 1/2/13 | Seattle, WA
I too have had severe and continuing problems with water leakage. I bought my Eos new and have maintained it meticulously (including the roof seals) since I bought it.

The first couple of years were spent dealing with persistent problems with the DSG transmission. The car was in the dealership about five times before they finally got it fixed (two Mechatronics units, clutch packs, faulty brake light sensor) and it is OK now but still not 100%.

More recently the issue has been water. The first repair was chalked up to an internal drain tube that came loose. Then a year later they found multiple leaks due to drain problems, separated seals, wiring harness grommets, etc. that were all leaking. (The car is 5 years and four months old but only has about 28,000 miles on it.) To date VW has done the right thing and has picked up the tab for the repairs, which have involved more labor than parts. But now the car is leaking again and the VW dealer is telling me that we may be getting to the point at which VW is no longer going to pay. They told me candidly that they are seeing lots of these Eos' with significant water problems that the VW has been stonewalling lots of owners. I have just been in touch with VW corporate today and I am waiting to hear back about what they might be willing to do to make this car right.
By on 11/6/12 | Abingdon, MD
I bought my 2008 EOS June 2011 and have had a lot of problems with water coming into the car (mostly passenger side). After hurricane Sandy (I live in suburbs of Maryland), my car was flooded with water. I had standing water in the floor on the front and back passanger side, water in the trunk wheel well and in between the door and panels. The dealer where I purchased the car is telling me that the EOS is not a water tight car...that water will get into it...really!!!??? Last year it took them 3 times to finally fix the problem (October 2011). Now this! They are telling me that it will cost me $1,100.00 to fix it (it is not under warranty). I feel that this is a defect and that VW should pay for the repair.

Has anyone else had similar problems?