1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1999 Volkswagen Cabrio owners like you.

1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Ratings Overview
2 car owners like you reviewed their 1999 Volkswagen Cabrio. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
1999 Volkswagen Cabrio
By on 10/13/10 | Grafton, WV
Got this car almost 2 months ago, after totalling my previous car ((Which was not a VW)) and desperatly needed a car to get to work and school. Days after buying it, I thoughrouly regretted ever spending money on this pos.

I've have to re-align the car twice already, replace nearly all of the lights, the left dashlight doesn't work, so at night I can't see how fast I'm going. ((I got some blue-light minis from walmart to replace the dashlights, those work amazing for any future references.))

A hole tore above the window in the back, so I had to plaster it closed with black silicone. ((Looks ugly now, but doesn't leak when it rains.)) Speaking of so; when it rains, the lip in my front window ((the drivers side)) doesn't catch the window, and it leaks terribly, soaking my seat.

The 'Brake' light is stuck on constantly, and thus I have to hit the steering wheel to make it go off, but it flashes back on every now and then, so I have to do that over and over again.

Last but not least, my latest problem. When I turn my steering wheel, the headlights, heat/air, and dashlights og off.
Fun fun.

So in all, unl;ess you're a Volkswagen junkie, steer clear of this pos.
1999 Volkswagen Cabrio
By on 10/7/10 | College Grove, TN
Overall, I LOVE this car. My cigarette lighter and cruise control stopped working at the same time. My motor for the top doesn't work, so I open/close it manually. But, still one of the best cars I've owned