1999 Volkswagen Beetle TDI Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1999 Volkswagen Beetle TDI owners like you.

1999 Volkswagen Beetle TDI Ratings Overview
1 car owner like you reviewed their 1999 Volkswagen Beetle TDI. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
(1 Rating)
Displaying 1 reviewFilter
1999 Volkswagen Beetle TDI
By on 1/18/12 | Sweet Grass, MT
I purchased my 1999 New Beetle used in 05. It has been a wonderful and faithful vehicle. It has approximately 300,000 km on it and still runs and rides well. There has been regular maintenance issues but nothing that has been costly to fix. I find that small issues with the beetle are the most frustrating. I have been having troubles with my turn signals for the past 3-4 years and no one seems to be able to find the problem. Recently the signals will turn on but will not flash and the same with the hazard lights. I have just had the flasher button replaced, since I was told this was the problem, but no luck. The signals will give a flash or two and then just stay lit. As long as the car is housed out of the cold the signals seem to work better than if it sits out in the cold. Not sure there is a connection but since I now live in NE Alberta, Canada, I am beginning to think this could be true. We experience temps of -28 to -44. I keep it plugged in if I need to travel and it never fails to start. It is a wonderful little car and I have never regretted buying it. That being said if anyone can help me out with the turn signal issue I would truly appreciate it.