2008 Toyota Tacoma Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2008 Toyota Tacoma owners like you.

2008 Toyota Tacoma Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2008 Toyota Tacoma. The average rating is a 2.5 out of 5.
Value
Fuel Economy
Safety
Interior
Comfort
Performance
By on 3/26/18 | Ellensburg, WA | Car Owner
I've owned Toyota pickups my whole life. Great trucks! That is until I bought a 2008 Tacoma.
I usually drive em until they have 250-300 on em. Seemed pretty routine when I traded in my 99 for a newer 2008. Man what a joke this company has become. The truck has 100,000 miles on it and gets about 12 miles to the gallon(4 cylinder).
It's had 4 serious recalls; from throttle sticking to transmission problems to steering issues. I just got two more recall notices in the mail last week. Now it has to go to have the rusty frame inspected and problems with a rattling transmission (propeller shaft).
The steering went completely out at 80,000 miles and leaf springs out at 70,000.
In fact I am writing this review after I've spent the entire day replacing two blown struts at 105,000. Why did it take all day you ask? Oh because one of the nuts that holds the arm-bar in place broke off off inside the frame thanks to a crappy factory weld job.
I will never buy another Toyota again.
No, I would not recommend this car.
By on 2/24/13 | Portland, OR
Bought new. Rear tires blew first gravel road I took it on.
Windshield shattered in the driveway, first snow fall.
Vynel flaking off the dash, after 2 years.
Breaks go almost to the floor since day one, and dealership does nothing to fix them. All you smell is fuel every time you start it.
Transmission acting up right at 60,000; had to be fix.
Biggest piece of crap I could have bought.
NEVER EVER AGAIN.
By on 9/6/11 | Meadowview, VA
bought my 1st toyota pickup 5 yrs ago loved the truck took alot 2 get her running paid $2000 for it had sum major issues for a 91 took it to the toyota place and they told me theyd give me $3500 for it on a new 08 tacoma so i did it shure glad i did ive got 60,000 miles on her now getn 28mpg compaired to the 15mpg on the 91 . been upgradeing this 1 since i got it afe cold air intake,tornado,fuel miser,dual catback exhaust,bed cover,,side steps. soon to come body armor front bumper and a chip from gforce.im going to drive this truck till theres nothing left then fix it and drive some more