2001 Toyota Tacoma Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2001 Toyota Tacoma owners like you.

2001 Toyota Tacoma Ratings Overview
6 car owners like you reviewed their 2001 Toyota Tacoma. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 2/7/15 | Bow, NH
i have owned my this truck for 3 years when i bought it it had 68,000miles now has 100,000. it is also lifted 6 inches with 35in tires, also has upgraded bumpers and sound system truck has been great nothing has gone wrong with the motor and i have put it through some rough times only thing i have ever had to replace was breaks, and installed new ranch struts which factory ones just didn't give a good enough ride with the lift.. over all would recommend this truck to anyone who's looking for a reliable and well build truck.
By on 12/15/13 | Louisville, KY
my truck 99,000 this day 15 dec. 2013 2002 model 4x4 ext cab.
cruise control will not engage light comes on but does not work.
the frame was rustproofed rear tire replaced by recall by Toyota
also.I am on third set of front brakes right now. my back bumper
started rusting 3 yrs. ago. got new one, cost 310.00. engine has
not me any trouble at all. I use 5w30w full syn. every 6,500 mi.
keep filters changed and service trans. and cooling system.
By on 2/25/13 | Houtzdale, PA
I have owned this truck for 9 years and love it best truck I ever owned. At 300000 toyota put new frame under .now at 364000 idle problems I will fix. Ithink this truck is indestructible.
By on 12/3/10 | San Antonio, TX
I bought my truck used with 87k miles and am now up to 145k, haven't had any problems. I use it for city commute as well as road trips (longest being 4500 miles in 6 days) without any significant complaints. One minor annoyance is the driver side door lock which gets stuck in the locked position occasionally. By far the most reliable and durable vehicle I have ever owned.
By on 6/17/10 | Spring Valley, CA
Good truck for the price. The only problems I've ever had were: about 2 years into ownership, the paint on the front bumper started to peel right off. Obviously a factory defect - poor paint adhesion and not covered under warranty. That sucked. Bumper replaced at $395.
Also at 115k miles the famous "check engine" light came on. Never had that happen before - ever on any of my Toyotas, (this was my third.) Turns out that this year they had bad air/fuel ratio sensors and that cost me almost $500. So much for the extended emissions warranty for 100K miles huh?
By on 10/7/08 | Alameda, CA
This Tacoma has been an exceptionally reliable truck. Comfortable and quiet inside (still after 100K), nice factory Toyota sound system. Consistent good gas mileage for a truck (24MPG). Manual trans started to make a whine noise around 90K, other than that this Tacoma has been absolutely flawless. Considering how I beat up the things I drive this truck has taken it and asked for more. Great job Toyota! I would certainly purchase another one.