1995 Toyota Tacoma Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1995 Toyota Tacoma owners like you.

1995 Toyota Tacoma Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 1995 Toyota Tacoma. The average rating is a 5.0 out of 5.
By on 1/24/16 | Estero, FL
I purchased my 1995 Toyota Tacoma 2 Will Dr. in the year 2000 and had 146,000 miles on it somebody used to haul their hourly now I've been using it for work every day and travel often and it has 425,000 miles on it and the only thing I've ever had to replace was the brakes in the clutch like they say this is the best four-cylinder motor ever made
By on 3/27/13 | Vancouver, WA
I bought my 1995 Tacoma Xtra Cab 4wd, 5 speed in 1998 from private party. This is an amazingly dependable, tough-built, very high quality vehicle !! I have owned it 15 years now and it still drives great at 191k miles, looks great, original paint still gets lots of nice comments, many people have offered to buy it, though I never have thought of selling it.
No secrets ..just regular wash and wax, regular oil and filters change (Valvoline Full Synthetic 5w-30 and Fram Xtra Guard filters for oil and air), NGK Platinum plugs.
Also use Valvoline Full synthetic in trans and differential.
Only weak spot is the front rotors have required turning several times, pads go 100k+, still no rust,no dents, only 1 tiny rock chip in original windshield. No squeaks, rattles, leaks.
Superb vehicle ..been in love with this truck since day of purchase. It was designed,engineered, built, finished, and maintained right.
By on 9/11/12 | Skagway, AK
I bought this regular cab, 4-wheel drive, 4 liter 1995 Tacoma in '97 with 30,000 miles on it. I live in Alaska and it has been a real champ.
In 2008, I replaced the original battery after it died on New Year's Eve in Fairbanks at minus 45. We dragged it ito the garage, warmed it up, jumped it and I made it back to Anchorage.
It still has the original muffler. Granted the starter probably will be replaced for the second time this week, but I'm not complaining!
I had a tune up with a local mechanic who used non-Toyota spark plugs and the dealer service manager took me to task for not using Toyota plugs, which in fact I think killed one cylinder, which now operates at 60 percent.
People are always trying to buy it from me, but I swear I will replace the engine before I ever sell.
By on 2/1/12 | Santa Maria, CA
Bought this truck used in 2006 with 92,000 miles.
Has the 3.4 and is 4x4. Been the best truck I've ever owned.
Had the head gasket blow 2 weeks ago at 198,000 miles thanks to the crappy design of toyota and not honoring the recall issue.
All replaced and done my self and back on the road.
Other than have had no problems at all.
Best part is pulling out the big trucks when they get stuck. HAHA!
To bad toyota quit making the 3.4. It blows away the newer trucks!!