2005 Toyota Solara Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2005 Toyota Solara owners like you.

2005 Toyota Solara Ratings Overview
6 car owners like you reviewed their 2005 Toyota Solara. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 2/29/16 | Naples, FL
I have 108,000 on the 2005 Solara SLE. HARD to beat this car. JBL sounds top-down clear, always starts the same, has sat long periods and always came out of sitting well. I've changed belts, battery, brakes, and tires. Bridgestone Turazas don't wear out and ride well. Had the computer tell me I needed an oxygen sensor in 117 degree Tulsa summer heat, but after I bought one, I still have it, as it no longer asks for it, curing itself I guess. I used to run higher mid grade gas, but now run regular. Not an issue. My wife left the car running all night in the garage, and came to bed and it shut itself off eight years ago. No biggie. I reach under the hood and replace the oil filter every 3,000 synthetic miles because you can... With your barehand... Wow! Thanks Toyota! And it won't leak on the garage floor !!!
I want to buy another car, but why? Maybe because I'm a guy driving my late wife's car... I guess that's why they stopped making the car... It became a gender thing... Men have no identity driving this black beauty... But real men don't care ..., and real men don't always drive trucks... So be it!! Take me to 300,000 Zorro!
By on 8/5/14 | Lakeland, FL
My 2005 Solara was a beautiful car, but now it looks ugly and in need of new paint, new dashboard, new glove box. The leather seats are separating and peeling. The arms rests are flat and very unattractive. I'm embarrassed to have any one ride in my car. As of now the car has almost 60,000 miles and runs really well just looks really bad. Debating having the care painted or just trade it in ? Also have put on new brakes.
By on 12/6/12 | Melbourne, FL
2005 Toyota Solara, beautiful, except for 3 issues:
1. The dashboard is cracked all across the top of the instrument panel and down the sides to the windows and down to the radio. Have estimates to replace at $1,800.00.
2. Has a slight hesitation when I push the gas pedal.
3. When I put the convertible top down or up my radio fades out.
By on 10/12/12 | Brooklyn, NY
I have a 2005 Toyota Solara Convertible with 32,000 miles on it. I have replaced all four brakes twice, now it needs motor mounts. Change the oil every few months. The car runs great slight hesitation which has always been there when I accelerate.
The brakes and motor mounts are troubling me I don't know if I am being ripped off by the mechanic. Just was quoted $500 for front brakes and rotors and $400 for motor mounts.
By on 5/25/12 | Portland, OR
Great car,take care of it and get really good tires,put new tires on mine at 77,0000 Drives like a champ. I use synethic oil seems to love it,interior could have been a little better,Engine is great,love me Some Solara...:)
By on 11/5/10 | Austin, TX
My 2005 SLE is the best car I've ever had.