2006 Toyota RAV4 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2006 Toyota RAV4 owners like you.

2006 Toyota RAV4 Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2006 Toyota RAV4. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 6/18/12 | Anaheim, CA
I had the same exact problem and i ended up paying for the whole repair which was $700. I'm so unhappy with Toyota. Now, at 86,000 miles, my engine mounts wore off and they misdiagnosed my car and made me pay for replacing the throttle which was $1100! They replaced my mounts and it fixed the idle problem but then now something is rattling in my car! They told me its normal wear and tear. And because of the new mounts, the engine shifts at different gears and causes old plastic from the car to rattle. So, in other words, they won't fix it.
By on 11/9/11 | Cleveland, OH
2006 rav4 for past 2 years I been hearing a clunking noise from my steering wheel. The past 2 years toyota dealers kept saying they couldnt hear it or its not a big safety issue. I just found out few months ago that Toyota knows about the problem but will not do a recall because not enough people have complain and its not a safety issue. With all the bad publicity they have already you would think they just want to fix this issue. The problem is the intermediate shaft, to have it fix will cost anywhere betwee 400-1k. Toyota will not offer any type of assistance to fix this either. If you google this problem you will see several people complain about this issue. Some people have had luck with toyota doing a 50/50 split on the cost to fix or some even had toyota pay for the whole job. My luck so far is that Toyota will not help. People make sure everytime you take your car in you have them note in your account what is wrong iwth your vehicle. My dealer never once noted my issues. I trusted these people since my family been doing business with them for 20years. has anyone else had this issue with a 2006 rav 4
By on 10/21/10 | Pensacola, FL
I was recently told my 2006 Toyota rav4 ABS brake pump should be replaced at the cost of $2100.00 just for the part plus labor of about the same cost. The pump has been leaking fluid. I wonder, had there been a recall on this model pump? LTD 2WD. ? George Moore