2003 Toyota RAV4 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2003 Toyota RAV4 owners like you.

2003 Toyota RAV4 Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2003 Toyota RAV4. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 7/7/15 | Wilmington, NC
I purchased my 2003 Rav 4 in 2006 with just over 30k miles. It had/has been maintained as recommended. It is a 5 speed manual transmission, which I have driven for more than 30 years of experience driving. I have had to replace two catalytic converters, an O2 sensor, a rear barring, the clutch, and now it is making a rattling noise. Each time I have not wanted to take on a new car payment, but this car has been a lemon. I found out the there was issued an extended warranty due to a defective Engine Computer ECM ECU PCM unit, but it expired at 10 years. This is my third and last Toyota. They should have notified me of the problem and repaired it before I replace 2 cat converters and an O2 sensor.
By on 6/4/12 | Jupiter, FL
260,000 miles and i have only done routine maintinance
By on 11/9/08 | Alameda, CA
I bought my Toyota RAV4 back in 2003. This has been an efficient commuter vehicle as well as a comfortable ride for long trips to South California. With its regular maintenance; oil and air filter changes, brakes and battery, no major repairs after more than 100,000 miles. One detail is that both front door motors actuators broke down one after the other.