2002 Toyota RAV4 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2002 Toyota RAV4 owners like you.

2002 Toyota RAV4 Ratings Overview
5 car owners like you reviewed their 2002 Toyota RAV4. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 1/6/13 | Chesapeake, VA
I just installed an HID 35 watt xenon 6000k white kit. I had to fiddle with the 3 prong it came with because it was not set up the right schematic. Once I figured that out and the HIDs worked, my fog light seem to stop working.

Here's the kicker, once I plugged my stock bulb again. Fog lights worked, not when the HIDs are plugged in. Is it because I still have the wrong schematic set-up? Or is it because the fog lights are not getting power?
By on 1/6/13 | Chesapeake, VA
So you mentioned that you're tail lights turns on but no when breaking. I think it is because you have the wrong bulb in the tail like section. The tail light is a parking light (tail light) and brake light combination. The bulb I got is covered blue bulb color with a pair of wires in there one for tail (when parking light is switched on) and for when brake is applied. Did it help? Or you figured it out already.
By on 8/30/10 | Danvers, MA
I purchased the car new in 2002, has been good to me for the most part. I delt with a transmission issue aroun 80,000-85,000 miles, it is a computer issue with the auto transmission. I am now about 120,000-125,000 miles and have just discovered an issue with my break lights. My tail lights and directionals turn on fine with the lights, but when breaking, my lights do not work. It does not seem to be a bulb issue and I have fiddled with the fuses and still, no solution found. Any suggestions would be helpful... I am worried it could be a wiring problem.
By on 9/24/09 | Waukesha, WI
I am no longer in love with my 2002 RAV4. Today I found out that I need a new engine after taking my car in for what I thought was a radiator problem. So far I'm learning in my research that the 2002 model year is the WORST! BUYER BEWARE
By on 10/22/08 | Phoenix, OR
Love the driving position, the easy out rear seats and the side opening rear door. Less thrilled that it needed a new transmission at 84,000 miles.