2002 Toyota Avalon Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2002 Toyota Avalon owners like you.

2002 Toyota Avalon Ratings Overview
2 car owners like you reviewed their 2002 Toyota Avalon. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
2002 Toyota Avalon
By on 9/3/15 | New Rochelle, NY
Good dependable car. I purchased new of '02 now has over 234K miles. Only things have changed be the maintenance care as the timing belt at 75,000 miles and Synthetic oil at 2,500 mile. I have never experienced nothing expensive replacing except minor small exhaust leak in 2012 won the lottery still driving this old car. Still comfortable, replaced brakes, tires, CVs, oil filter and 2 belts etc. So far my Avalon is a solid car it will go for another 100,000 miles as my '85 Cressida lasted 350,000 miles so know Toyotas are trustworthy cars keep on going and going.
2002 Toyota Avalon
By on 9/7/14 | Palmdale, CA
Bought our 2002 Toyota Avalon XL at the end of 2001. It was expensive but proved to be well worth the price. I drove it the first few years and absolutely loved it's power and smooth ride. My husband then "took it over" and uses it to commute 80+ miles each day to work. It has over 300,000 miles on it and we only gave it one major tune up (timing belt, spark plugs, engine filter)in the last 12 1/2 years we have owned the vehicle. We change the oil every 7,000 miles and my husband replaces the brakes as needed on his own. My motto, "Never take your car to the dealership to get worked on!" It is just now starting to show signs of slowing down a bit. We plan on getting one last major tune up in hopes it will last us another 100,000 miles. :) It's only downfall has been its pearl white paint job which seemed to be like static cling to dirt and the seat control knobs that have all broken and fallen off. Other than that it has been the best car we have ever owned. Unfortunately from the sounds of it, they are not building them the same anymore so like the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end". It was a nice ride!!!