2008 Subaru Outback Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2008 Subaru Outback owners like you.

2008 Subaru Outback Ratings Overview
1 car owner like you reviewed their 2008 Subaru Outback. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
(1 Rating)
2008 Subaru Outback
Displaying 1 reviewFilter
2008 Subaru Outback
By on 5/21/11 | Charlotte, NC
Great car. It is unmatched in snow or gravel. I wish the engine had a little more power (haling four people through mountains doesn't really work so well.) This is our second Subaru Outback. The first was in a wreck after 3.5 year which was a shame because with 60,000 miles we felt it was just getting broken in.

My only issue is the Maintenance costs. From what I read I see many people do the maintenance work themselves. I think Subaru has it all wrong. They seem to think there are all these people who WANT to do their own work. I for one, will performing my own work not because I want to but because I am boycotting the dealership service departments which seem to be a rip off. Dealer service seem to charge about double of what I have paid at other brand (Nissan, Acura, VW and BMW) dealerships in the past. I just wish Subaru Corp would reign the dealerships service departments in a bit. I understand they need to make money. I wish they understood the principals of shearing vs slaughtering. I really don't mind a good shearing but I can't stand when I am fleeced.