2004 Subaru Outback Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2004 Subaru Outback owners like you.

2004 Subaru Outback Ratings Overview
2 car owners like you reviewed their 2004 Subaru Outback. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
2004 Subaru Outback
By on 4/12/10 | Wauchula, FL
Overall, my experience with our 2004 subaru outback has been a poor one (purchased new). Quite frankly, I'm amazed they've maintained the reputation they're recognized for...In general, we've had continual electrical problems, from excessive light bulb burnout to poor speaker wiring and broken cd players. In addition, wear and tear components (i.e. stock tires, rotors, CV boots, etc.) fail far sooner than in other cars I've had (or have; Toyota and Dodge) under similar driving conditions. Other than the in convenience, it wasn't a problem until the car was out of warranty...in which case repair costs were absurdly expensive...and laughably required multiple visits to diagnose and repair (our AC is STILL not fixed!). I purchased this car largely for it's reputation as a reliable vehicle and therefore figured the occasional expensive repair was manageable...little did I know!!
With all that said, the handling of this vehicle in all weather conditions is simply astounding (heavy rains, snow and ice...of course with a decent set of tires...not the junk stock Bridgestones). I would ONLY consider buying another subaru if I REGULARLY had to deal with heavy snows....
2004 Subaru Outback
By on 4/13/09 | Shrewsbury, MA
Only problem I had was a short curcuit in one of the interior wires that affected the sunroof and rear lights. Otherwise the car is very nimble.