2006 Subaru Forester Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2006 Subaru Forester owners like you.

2006 Subaru Forester Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2006 Subaru Forester. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 9/17/11 | Burlington, CT
I have a 2006 Subaru Forester with 78K miles on it. It drives great and is a pretty good car overall. However, it is now starting to have expensive problems. The blower motor for the A/C and heat works on and off...even with a new blower motor installed @ $400.00! The Subaru-certified mechanic is puzzled and thinks it might be the car's electrical system. This will be a very costly repair if it turns out to be electrical. On top of this, both rear wheel bearings need to be replaced now (my previous cars have had their wheel bearings replaced at 150K or later). Replacement at 78K makes it seem like Subaru has lowered the quality of their parts. This is a shame, as I have always liked Subarus (this is my second one). My next car is NOT going to be a Subaru.
By on 3/14/10 | Spokane, WA
I HATE this reliable little work horse! My wife LOVES it though so I guess it'll stick around! This tiny little rig is NOT for the larger / taller guy! CRAMPED barely says it. Back seat room ......... room? Well it doesn't exist. I've told my wife that she's lucky it's in her name too otherwise I'd get rid of it. This thing is built like a tank though. Very solid and well built. It is not a vehicle for Spokane, WA hole plagued streets! This thing doesn't glide over them like my Explorer but crawls down into each and every one then out the other side. Very bumpy ride. We get about 20 MPG in town and about 25 MPG on the road. My wife is a tiny petite gal and it fits her and her gardening stuff well. There you have it!
By on 1/6/10 | Santa Fe, NM
Great car! Very smooth ride. A pleasure to drive in both city and country. Handles really well on mountain roads and in the snow. My only complaint is that the towing capacity is only 2400 lbs. and I need a car with a much higher towing capacity.