2001 Subaru Forester Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2001 Subaru Forester owners like you.

2001 Subaru Forester Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 2001 Subaru Forester. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 11/13/14 | Lemon Grove, CA
I bought my forester at 108,000 miles and 6 yrs old, it now has over 210,000 miles, it has taken my family across country twice. Replaced the radiator, all my fault for not keeping it filled or noticing the leak. New cv boots, one battery, i have to get it smogged again now that I'm in California again, makes a rattle when accelerating, the catalytic converter is the issue. Maybe it will pass? I know it will. I love my Subaru, i will never buy anything else. I want to see 400,000 on the odometer with my son behind the wheel. It's our little Spaceship that knows no bound. Pass smog baby, by some miracle so we can rage the west coast together a while longer.
By on 6/11/11 | Mitchell, SD
I don't know why everyone out here in SD doesn't have a Subaru. It's perfect for the extreme conditions and has decent gas milage. It's on the small side, but holds four people well. The rear seat goes down and handles a fair amount of junk. I love my 2001 Forester. I bought it new and it has been great.
By on 7/30/10 | Brighton, CO
New review for an old car... I bought this Forester in late 2006 when it was five years old. Went from a GOOD Dodge Caravan to this, worried that I'd feel cramped in a CAR. This feels less like a car than the Outback, so I'm happy with that. KEEP UP ON MAINTENANCE... just had the 100k mile makeover... VERY expensive, done by a Subaru specialist... but now it runs better than it ever has since I've owned it. Back up lights haven't work.. no one can figure out why... Otherwise nice car for day to day, hauling dogs and garden stuff, and also nice for road trips. I love my 'Ru!
By on 2/9/09 | Lutherville Timonium, MD
I bought my Forester new in 2000. I have 84,000 miles and have had a few issues. I had to replace 3 CV boots , and I have a heating coil leak. So far the head gaskets are holding. Overall its been a great car. I love the AWD. I would recomend this car to anyone.