2003 Saturn L300 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2003 Saturn L300 owners like you.

2003 Saturn L300 Ratings Overview
7 car owners like you reviewed their 2003 Saturn L300. The average rating is a 3.0 out of 5.
By on 3/29/13 | Sewell, NJ
bought 2003 saturn l300 with 56,000 miles replaced thermostat and 2 oygen sensors.this car runs awesome and the car now has 96k and i will be replacing the timing belt before 100k.I chnage oil every 3k miles
By on 10/11/11 | Somerville, MA
Bought the L300 6 cylinder new and fully loaded. Never had a
new car with this much trouble. Car was nothing but problems from the first week. Dash/speedometer/odometer went out the first week. Steering column had to be repaired three times. 6 oxygen sensors replaced. A/C condensation draining into passenger floor area. Mirrors fell out of side view holders. A/C-heating
temperature control knob had two settings - hot and cold.
Last repair was EMI. Was told then that transmission codes
were troubling to mechanic. I said no way and traded it in
on a new Subaru Legacy. My Saturn had just broken 40,000 miles.
I'm sure someone bought it and felt they got a great deal.
I couldn't sell it to anyone I know so I hope, but doubt, the
new owner got that great deal.
My cousin has a 2004 L300 and it spends more time in the shop
than out. She hasn't broken 40,000 miles. On the other hand,
my sister owns a 2003 L200 and hasn't had any problems.
By on 10/3/11 | Kissimmee, FL
2003 Saturn L300

I purchased my car in 2005, After purchase My car started smelling like gasoline, after numerous arguments with saturn they finally fixed my car. Here I am today car smells like gasoline again. I am checking to see if there is a recall I will never buy another Saturn ever.
By on 6/26/11 | Hemet, CA
Still love my 2003 Saturn LS300. Have a check engine light, was told it needs to have the thermostat replaced. Dash lights dim regularly. A/C had a problem with the wiring getting crimped causing a malfunction. Not the best of gas mileage right now getting 22-25 in town. Just under 90,000 miles on it right now.

Heard it was going to take 4+ hours to replace thermostat. Anyone have instructions on how to accomplish this?

Also, when bought the car came with no owners manual, any ideas on how to acquire one?
By on 7/23/10 | Ashtabula, OH
I bough a Saturn 2004 L300 in 2006 with 32000 mi. I have had to do nothing to it except oil change each 3000 mi. and a complete break job at 98000 mi. and tires every year. It is excellent running , suspention is still great, gas milage is still great. My only issue is with the cloth seats, but I am a big man 6' 3' 275#. The left edge of the back wore down from sliding in and out and the padding on the butt broke down. I purchased used Like New Leather seats on the internet and love them. A deer ran into the side my car on the highway killed the deer , No Damage to plastic sides but knocked off the mirror. 250.00 fix. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
By on 5/23/10 | Beach Lake, PA
Bought a used 2003 Saturn L300. It has been a nightmare from day 1. Nothing but problems. Every part is extremely overpriced and there are very few parts that are NOT dealer parts only. If you were thinking of buying this model I suggest you run as fast as you can. Common problems? The air conditioner condensor hose pops off and floods the inside of the car...this is a common known problem. ECM module blows...common known problem. I could go on but do I need to?
By on 12/19/09 | Snellville, GA
Seems to have more problems than other cars I've owned. Especially after warranty ran out. Something needs fixing every six months. Don't recommend buying this model.