2003 Porsche Boxster S Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2003 Porsche Boxster S owners like you.

2003 Porsche Boxster S Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 2003 Porsche Boxster S. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 1/12/11 | Frederick, MD
I purchased my 986S new in Dec 2002. I have owned 14 new-purchase German vehicles (Audi, VW, & BMW) since 1976 - this Boxster S is heads & shoulders above the rest in terms of performance (to be expected) and reliability. Other than an initial adjustment of the convert. top, installing speed bleeder valves, and a new battery at 5 yrs nothing other than annual maintenance has been required. Even all the bulbs & key battery are original and functional. My experience is pretty typical if the JD Power #1 rating for Porsche is accurate, and it likely is based on the experiences of my Porsche Club friends.
By on 10/26/10 | Vienna, VA
I absolutely love driving this car, but compared to the other reviews left here, I must have gotten a lemon. I purchased my 2003 Boxster S convertible used two years ago with only 37K miles on it, and it seems like I have to sink $2,000 into it every few months. I only had it out of the shop for 10 days and It now needs a new clutch at $2500. I think I've put $7500 into this car in 2 years. So, buyer beware. I hope all other buyers have better luck than I have had.
By on 9/1/10 | Bedford, TX
I purchased this car at 77k miles over a month ago and I am very happy with it. I can't say too much to the mechanical reliablity since I haven't owned it long but the previous owner has had to have a few transmissions seals replaced and the engine was replaced under warranty it 30k. He has taken good care of it so I don't anticpate any issues. I have already taken the car on a road course type track and it did EXCELLENT! 4 20 minute intervals of hard driving and it had no problems. The car handles beautifully and has good power. I highly recommend one.
By on 7/14/10 | Owings, MD
The finest car I've owned and driven. Makes my old SLK seem like a sedan. The Boxster S is pure joy form acceleration, handling, and braking. Seven years young and just hit 20k miles, but she is still showroom clean and never a single problem. Looks like I might have to put my first set of new tires on her before the winter. Not bad. : )