2002 Pontiac Grand Am Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2002 Pontiac Grand Am owners like you.

2002 Pontiac Grand Am Ratings Overview
7 car owners like you reviewed their 2002 Pontiac Grand Am. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 9/10/13 | Garden City, MI
I have a 2002 Grand am GT, my throttle sensor keeps going bad. I have had to replace it 4 times in the past year, I took it to the dealer and the only code is coming up is for the throttle sensor, when I put the new one on my car drives fine for about 3 months. What could make this sensor keep going bad? I cleaned my throttle body this past weekend, I'm puzzled on why it keeps going bad. Can anyone answer this question for me? I'm so aggravated with this car.
By on 11/25/10 | Livingston, LA
I have got a 2002 grand am no major problems has 232,576 miles on and still going strong i would not have a problem taking it anywhere i want,i did have to replace the fuel pump at about 200,000 and window clips did brake other than that great car
By on 8/3/10 | Ojai, CA
This is the best car I've ever had- 188,000 miles with no major repairs since i bought it in 2002. Very reliable! Only a few things to report- Had the automatic window clips on passenger side break, one fuel pump replaced, and radio light go out. Did have to replace the gas cap- but got a locking one anyway. Still runs strong with no noises, shimmies, or problems.
By on 6/26/10 | Valencia, PA
I love my 2002 Grand Am GT with a 3.4 in it. I have had it for six years it has 146,000 and is still going. I recommend it to anyone. Do not buy a 1999 grand am though. there were a lot of problems with that year.
By on 9/7/09 | Clinton Township, MI
This has been, well, a real machine. I drive a 2002 Grand Am GT, and racked up 165,000 on it in that time. Other than minor typical problems that afflict any car, this thing has been great! Starts fine, drives great, smooth ride....a good basic ride w/ a bit of style. The only major problems I've had were because of AFTERMARKET parts: a wheel leak issue (bent aftermarket rims), and intermittent ignition lockouts (aftermarket remote starter triggered the alarm lockout feature). All in all, a great reliable car, that take a beating by me and still keeps cruising! :D
By on 4/9/09 | Greenup, KY
Barakes have always been a problem with all GM cars owned in the past. Pads and rotors NEVER last more than half of short term estimate. Currently having probs with cooling system and no warning lights came on and was given a vague description of what the problem might be by dealer. Otherwise.. only expensive repair has been $600 to replace pwr window switches and inside parts for driver side window. All others have been very minor.
By on 2/14/09 | Oak Creek, WI
Very reliable, minor problems in 7 years.