1997 Oldsmobile Bravada Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1997 Oldsmobile Bravada owners like you.

1997 Oldsmobile Bravada Ratings Overview
2 car owners like you reviewed their 1997 Oldsmobile Bravada. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
1997 Oldsmobile Bravada
By on 1/13/12 | Wabasha, MN
Had my 1997 Bravada for just over a month now. Loving it!
Noticed red fluid deposit in my parking place, but only a little. Identified it as the Dexron fluid for the transmission. Did a cold 'reference' check which was fine, then a proper hot check, also fine.
My mechanic looked at it and identified a seal between transmission and engine. Basically told me that as long as I checked and kept the fluid topped up, I should have no problems and would only be spending a few dollars a year on fluid instead of $1000 to repair/replace.
He was rather annoyed that after inspecting it fully, he could not find anything wrong with it that he could charge me for.

14 years old. 136k miles. Averaging 18mpg overall. Happy as a pig in muck!
1997 Oldsmobile Bravada
By on 3/21/10 | Auburn, WA
I have been working on this nice looking and well appointed piece of junk for a year. Bought it used to tow boat and atrailer. Last summer, used once, wouldn't pull boat out of water running so poorly. Short of major overhaul, I have put fuel inj, elect repairs, emission crap at 50 bucks for a 25 cent piece of plastic. I love the looks, but its what is inside that counts. Beware, and get a gooood mechanic! Or like I do, I have a encyclopedia of stuff from the internet to fix things, most which were guesses. God, please help me pass the emission control...