2003 Nissan Xterra Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2003 Nissan Xterra owners like you.

2003 Nissan Xterra Ratings Overview
2 car owners like you reviewed their 2003 Nissan Xterra. The average rating is a 3.0 out of 5.
2003 Nissan Xterra
By on 2/16/15 | San Antonio, TX
First, if you have one, go to the dealer and get all of the recall work done immediately.I had a 2003 that I bought with 17,000 mi. Great SUV when properly maintained. LOVED it. The steering broke (a recall problem), causing a wreck which broke the frame. Nissan wouldn't pay. Big surprise! (It now has 106,000 mi, and is still parked in driveway).

I loved it so much that I just bought another 2003 Xterra with 93,000 mi. The "new" one got 10 miles and needed 2 oxygen sensors ($550) and needs a Knock sensor (estimate of $600). Mechanic says it can wait. The one I just bought had one owner, but no wrecks. My mechanic says it has had the front repainted, so don't count on Auto Check or CarMax for real info. Take a used car into your mechanic and have him check it. I knew better, but based my experience on my earlier car to judge the quality of the new one-big mistake. My question: Is there any economical way to use parts from my old Nissan, which is mechanically wonderful, on the one I just bought? I don't know a "Shade Tree Mechanic" to pull parts for the one in need. Any suggestions? The junkyard will only give me $500 for my wrecked one.
2003 Nissan Xterra
By on 10/3/11 | Sacramento, CA
Exhaust & Emissions* I need to see how i get to the knock senser and change it.