1997 Nissan Pickup (D21) Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1997 Nissan Pickup (D21) owners like you.

1997 Nissan Pickup (D21) Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 1997 Nissan Pickup (D21). The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 9/2/12 | Cordova, TN
I bought my pickup used 11 years ago, with 32,000 miles on it. It ws my work truck for 10 of those years and now has 301,000 miles. Only major repair was replacing the distributer about 3 years ago. Oh, and one alternator. Great truck, no plans to sell it. It's retired from work and is now my personal vehicle.
By on 4/1/11 | Spring Hill, TN
Awesome truck. I paid $9999 + tax (after rebates) for it brand new in April of 97. We bought 2 (my Dad and I). He had a lot of time gear issues and was in the shop 6 times before 22,000 miles. Mine has never been in and only had two issues and it now has 274,000 miles. The alternator went out right after warranty. I took it to a local alternator shop (there were no replacements in town) and he "rebuilt it" for $25. He said that it failed because it had anti-freeze in it (I had a loose hose clamp earlier in the month that caused a leak). I finally replace the alternator but it still lasted 250,000 miles. The second problem was the idler pulley for the power steering pump (and it lasted 270,000). The truck is still running strong (original turn signal bulbs, brake lights, even original rear brakes (the front has been changed 3 times), original clutch, transmission, original exhaust, COLD AC, ... And when I got it new I was in my 20's and drove it HARD.

If I knew that I was going to keep it this long and put this many miles on it, I would have taken better care of it (but then again, it might not have been as good of a truck).
By on 12/16/10 | Gastonia, NC
my mother god rest her soul left me this truck it has 160,000 miles on it clutch just went out but its my fault i towed a 7 thousand pound car 400 miles strong and sturdy truck common failing is the guides for timeing chain other than that its gold i would give up a nut before i give up my truck good luck with yours but i dont think u will need it
By on 2/15/09 | Edgewater, FL
worth the money?! paid $8.5k w/ 35k miles5.5 years ago. i now have 409,500 and the odo broke for about 11k. i still drive 400-500 miles a day in it. the first 300k was pizza delivery. never shifted below 4grand. now i am on the highway with it and the only complaint i have is 3200 rpm @ 70 mph. 27.5 mpg is great considering the mileage. its great for a truck period.