1999 Nissan Maxima Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1999 Nissan Maxima owners like you.

1999 Nissan Maxima Ratings Overview
5 car owners like you reviewed their 1999 Nissan Maxima. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 9/19/14 | Phoenix, AZ
I have a 99 the I just got 2 months age- and without complaining to much IT is nothing like my 94 was- did i mention i havent drove it in the last 7 weeks? Has an electrical issue that I haven't been able to trace- sitting at a red light It lost all power- and after replacing the battery- alternator and the ignition switch- still have a sun roof stuck open, no power windows, locks, dash lights, ac, alarm, or door chime! I think its the littlest MAXIMA they ever made- have had all coils replaced and it has horrible gas mileage- but whatever
By on 1/19/12 | Decatur, GA
Like everyone else I need to replace my O2 sensor. I just purchased my vehicle about a year ago. My main problem now is my clutch lost pressure and the car won't start so I'm hoping it won't cost me an arm and a leg to get repaired.
By on 7/23/10 | Houston, TX
Have 145k on the car, in the past year had to replace ignition coils(which seems like a regular issue in this model, suggestion if you replace all six sometimes its cheaper especially if you are going to get the spark plugs done), replaced front struts, oxygen sensor, starter and radiator. These are besides regular maintenance like transmission oil flush, brake pad change, brake fluid flush, new tires & new battery. Hopefully this will be the last for the next 30k.
By on 4/30/10 | Hattiesburg, MS
Bought car new in 1999. I now have 258K miles on it. No major problems ever. Basically, brakes, tires, and a few emission issues (o2 sensor, egr valve) However, I have never replaced the struts and it is beginning to show
By on 4/16/10 | Tabernacle, NJ
I've owned it for 7 years. No problems -just routine brakes and tires. I'm at 129,000 miles now and it needs an ignition coil, wheel bearings and O2 sensor ( rough running). I love this car. Really stable on the open highway at high speed. Great acceleration. I have the GLE - loaded with every conceivable option. Oddly the remote has stopped working - not the button battery -can't figure why. May replace the car eventually with another Maxima or possibly an Altima.