2006 Nissan Frontier Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2006 Nissan Frontier owners like you.

2006 Nissan Frontier Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 2006 Nissan Frontier. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 10/10/12 | Lucedale, MS
Bought my 2006 96k miles 4 door frontier used in early 2012 and 30 minutes after I bought it the transmission failed. Dealer gladly had transmission completely rebuilt. I then discovered the issue others have with radiator fluid getting into transmission so I quickly by-passed the radiator loop ( a 2 minute permanent fix). Since then I have raised the truck 4.5" and absolutely love it other than the the factory radio has poor reception, and I dislike the large size of the turning circle. I don't seem to have the timing belt whining noise like others have had tho. I LOVE the power this 4.0 V6 has and I get 23 miles to the gallon as long as I drive like an adult...
My experience with this truck is that I like it better than any truck I have owned and this is my 4th truck I have owned.
By on 9/17/10 | Aurora, CO
Great Truck!
By on 7/13/10 | Upland, CA
Bad Power Train involving Valve Box Cellinoids for shifting into uppergear.From a Stop position, vehicle feels it is in 3rd gear from beginning thus no acceleration & gear shifting. On 7/6/2010, I contacted 800-NISSAN-1, Customer Relations who developed File # 6860290 and forwarded to Regional Specialist (Luanne Blaysic (866-799-1690 ext. 1612) for investigation. Cust. Relations stated that I would receive a call from BEFORE END OF NEXT BUSINESS DAY (7/7/2010). I received no call. I proactively called Regional Specialist myself on 07/08/10 but only voice mail. I also contacted Luanne's supervisor, Jose Velila (866-799-1690 ext. 4175)asking for help to get my claim immediately address since my Frontier was seating at Metro Nissan, Montclair, CA. I LEAVE MESSAGES BUT NEVER GET A CALL BACK from either Luanne or Jose.
On 07/09/10 finally get a call from Luanne indicating she will contact Metro for background on required repairs (costing $1,615.). Luanne said I would hear back from her by 07/14/10 but I demanded that I get determination of my claim by Mon. 07/12/10 by 5 PM pacific time. Luanne agreed & promised these terms. However, as of 07/13/10 no call to me. Luanne is annoyed at me knowing her supervisor. I feel I need to know all who can help expedite this matter. Customer Relations is aware of my dissatisfaction & will not assist me in anyway to push for expedited decision. I AM WRITING THESE SPECIFICS TO ANNOUNCE MY TOTAL DISSATISFACTION WITH NISSAN'S CLAIM PROCEDURE. Nissan will NOT allow me to speak to a life person in Supervisory capacity to assist me in expediting an answer. My buy in 2006 of my new Nissan Frontier was a big mistake. If anyone readsthis spread this NEGATIVE REFERRAL - stay away from Nissan vehicles because their corporation does NOT stand behind their vehicles to the benefit of their customers. THANKS - GILBERT
By on 2/2/10 | Gardner, KS
Just replaced Fuel Sending Unit (the only "Common Problem" listed) at 67K, but that is about it.