2001 Nissan Altima Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2001 Nissan Altima owners like you.

2001 Nissan Altima Ratings Overview
6 car owners like you reviewed their 2001 Nissan Altima. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 9/23/17 | Tacoma, WA
I bought this car from a private owner 2 years ago for $1,200 with 163,000 miles on it. It still runs fairly well with 168,000 now. I've had to replace the cracked radiator, which from the service history, had already been done once. It seems to surge with acceleration sometimes, as if cruise control is engaged. It makes a squeaky, rusty sound when shifting. At times, the brakes feel grabby. The passenger side front window is broken due to the power motor getting stuck. That may have also happened before. The dashboard lights seem too dim and the sound system sucks. In short, it is good for getting to work and running around town, which matters most to me. But I try not to put it on the Interstate because the ride over bumps is the worst. Since I don't drive it much, I can go for a couple weeks on a tank of gas. It gets from A to B.
By on 8/21/11 | Germantown, MD
Very reliable. A few minor things but engine and transmission have been very reliable. I am at 165K. One common problem on this car is intake manifold gasket. When it fails, car idle rough at stop sings. Part is cheap but labor is high like $400 or more but this was the only expensive repair so I think I can live with it. Very low cost to maintain. Also fairly easy to work on for DIY people. I bought it new and I really want to see how long it will last. I think it will be a good used car to buy if you can find one. A little smller than most other midsize but bigger than compact cars.
By on 9/6/10 | Portage, IN
Generally an ok car. Problems I've had are that 3 out of 4 power windows failed. Needed to have the air intake manifold gasket replaced at 65K ($700.00)
By on 4/22/10 | Decatur, GA
love my Altima - very dependable
By on 1/29/10 | Burlington, NJ
Bought the car new and still have it today. I bought the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warrantee when I bought the car and never missed a service.
The car now has 147,000 miles on it and, add a few road chips, looks like it did when I 1st bought it.
I cannot reccomend the Bumper to bumper warrentee enough !! I'll never buy a car without it. I notice the slightest difference and ask the mechanic and it gets looked at. Most times it is not a problem, but at least I get peace of mind. If something is wrong the dealership fixes it right away. AWESOME !!
At 94,000 miles they replaced the engine.. Something about a cracked cylinder wall. I read up on it and it is like super rare.. lucky me.. but at least I was covered.. not one dime from my pocket and I got a new engine.
By on 12/14/08 | Richardson, TX
Indomitable! The Nissan Altima just would not die. The engine has been no problems, the interior and radio are still working just great. No problems. Really reliable and low maintenance prices.