1998 Mercury Tracer Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1998 Mercury Tracer owners like you.

1998 Mercury Tracer Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 1998 Mercury Tracer. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 12/25/14 | Schenectady, NY
I use this as my work car I did couple things repair on my Tracer but overall its a good car. Gets 33 mpg and 18 around city very reliable running engine. What recently happened started having transmission problems never had that problem before gave it 2 stars was fixed at trans shop which got one salvaged. The car runs flawless other than that good little car. It has 240,000 miles I just took my nephews over to their grandmother house Tracer has good pickup going across bridge going 70 mph. Overall love my car I bought used in 2003 now driven 200,000 miles oil change cheap and pass inspection which so glad its a blessing found a good used car though the transmission went out the car is strongly reliable hope last me that way having an smaller engine still very dependable driving wherever getting from Point A to B basically more a work car use daily.
By on 7/27/11 | Durham, NC
I LOVE my Tracer! Bought in 11/2000 with about 45K miles. Currently has 209K miles (as of 7/2011) & still runs very well! Have had to do very little non-routine maintenance. I get average of 32-33 mpg; >90% of my driving is on the highway. I will be VERY sad when I have to get another car; I plan to drive this one until the end. I've never really had to drive the car in the snow, so I can't respond to other people's comments on that.
By on 7/12/11 | Alton, NY
Fun little car mine is actually good in snow up in NY only drawback would be brakes and stiff seats. Happily recommend this car tho gettin 25/34 mpg to and from work. Cruising along at 127k miles will drive it till i dies.
By on 12/10/09 | Taylor, MI
This is a good car just does not handle well in snow. It also has problems with suspension often