2007 Mercury Mariner Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2007 Mercury Mariner owners like you.

2007 Mercury Mariner Ratings Overview
1 car owner like you reviewed their 2007 Mercury Mariner. The average rating is a 2.5 out of 5.
(1 Rating)
Displaying 1 reviewFilter
2007 Mercury Mariner
By on 2/4/13 | Lake Forest, CA
Bought my 2007 Mercury Mariner LX V6 4WD, used in 2009, with 24,000 miles. For the first year, I believed I had made a good purchase, however having to replace brakes (pads and rotors turned) at 30,000 miles. I didn't give this a second thought as the brakes may have never before been serviced. Then at 37,000 miles I had to replace them again. At 44,000 I had to replace the rotors, as well. The car "eats" brakes. OK, so now we're at 71,000 miles. The transmission has gone and needs to be replaced. $4,000.00 bill. No car should require a new transmission at 70,000 +/- miles. I had owned a Ford Bronco (1986 V8, 4WD, Eddie Bauer Edition - purchased brand new) that was such a mechanical-failure-nightmare, I swore I'd never buy another Ford product again in my lifetime. Well, I bought the Mercury Mariner (first Ford failure... shame on them; second Ford failure... shame on me), and my vow has been re-established. Never again will I buy a Ford product. I've had three Jeeps and not so much as a single major repair. I have now had two Fords and they are nothing but mechanical headaches. No wonder the Japanese, Germans, and Koreans are taking over the auto industry, huh? They build quality and reliability. Something the American car makers don't understand.