1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis owners like you.

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 3/1/13 | North Fort Myers, FL
i have had this car for years and years...i have barely taken good care of it, yet it keeps on driving good for me...its 2013 now and i need ac work and a couple windows fixed..otherwise ill drive it another 20 years,,,,,yay ford!
By on 3/11/12 | New York, NY
Just wanted to say thank you to 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Visitor, Astoria, NY, October 21, 2011 08:16. My family was stuck with a 2003 Grand Marquis stuck gearshift that wouldn't shift out of park, 2 hours from home at 2am, and your solution was the only one that worked! Pumping the brake and wiggling the wheel while the engine was on as if everything was regular did the job to shift to Neutral, which freed them up to shift to Drive normally. Thank you! Pretty reprehensible that they even had a suggested solution in the manual---shouldn't they have taken care so the problem never occurred? My family has long gotten Mercury Grand Marquis but never had them longer than 3-5 years and no major issues. But from the start, this one is the worst ever. Constant problems with everything from sticking choke-you seatbelts to dying engine coils to brake wear to AC failures to just weird electrical issues. Even the way the cheap plastic grillwork falls out---pathetic. I never had any problems like this with my Subaru Legacy, so if I'm doing the picking next time, that's my choice.
P.S. Sorry, I don't know how this showed up under 1992 Mercury Marquis. I was clearly in another section, since I was quoting someone with a '96. Don't know what happened, but I wanted the helpful advice amplified for other future internet searchers.
By on 10/31/11 | Seguin, TX
I have a 92 Marquis had it for several years and only problem I have is that the gear shift if put in to park wont come out so I normally keep it in neutral and put EB on .. it works but it is not a fix.. I need to get it fixed. I cant take my keys out because it is not in part so I keep the doors locked on the electronic key on outside or door.. Anyone else have this probleme. I am about to put it inthe shop.. But would like to fix it myself if its easy ennough. I normally do all repairs on the car myself.. it cheaper than a shop..