2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500 owners like you.

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Ratings Overview
1 car owner like you reviewed their 2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
(1 Rating)
Displaying 1 reviewFilter
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500
By on 6/30/10 | Potomac, MD
I have 55K miles on the car and am the original owner. I get an average of 24 MPG in the city and 30 MPG on the highway. The car is wonderful and fun to drive. I have every bell and whistle you can imagine, including the laser cruise control (which I use all the time). Less than two weeks ago I was taking a short road trip and the transmission went out on the car – we’ll see if the car still runs as smooth and I continue to get the great MPG after they replace it. Needless to say, I am disappointed that with a car like this that the transmission would go out with such low mileage especially since I take it in for all the recommended scheduled service. It also has some quirks with the electronics which go out periodically (what Mercedes call the “convenience functions”). I have never had to have the “convenience functions” fixed, they seem to fix themselves when you turn the car off, get out, lock the doors, and then get back in. Convenience functions include stereo, radio, telephone, navigation, etc. All the issues aside, the car is expensive to maintain, but a joy to ride.