2001 Mercedes-Benz S500 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2001 Mercedes-Benz S500 owners like you.

2001 Mercedes-Benz S500 Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 2001 Mercedes-Benz S500. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 9/9/13 | Redlands, CA
Just got this car week ago from engineer that told me he has own this car for 10years, i check everything (so i tough) i forgot to check if cd was working. I notice that when I press cd (radio) keeps giving me no cartridge? I check and was in, I tried to eject and will not. How do I fix this? I read some info in web, allot of comment about cd cartridge worn out, its known trouble, one suggested removing battery and system should re-boot and will recognize cd? This I am hesitant to do. Any suggestion. OR SHOULD I JUST GO FOR AFTER MARKET BLUETOOTH AND CONNECT TO RADIO?

By on 8/6/13 | Wake Forest, NC
I’ve owned my S500 2001 model 78000 5 years now. I purchased it from a Doctor; he owned it 6 years FMBSH. I had a few issues with the car but was sorted without too much cost. The Airmatic pump was the highest replacement cost around $1000. But it did last 12 years in all weather. The interior is as new as is most of the bodywork. Couple of area’s starting to show bubbling paint, not covered by MB as is up to 9 years for under paint rust. Have to wait for a hole in the body before warrantee will repair under the 30 years. I have own three S500 V8’s and would highly recommend them from SE500 1986 to 2001 as reliable as anything on the road today (2013) Most of the issues with the car’s model have been resolved. Go for MBFSH and check to see the previous work carried-out.
By on 8/20/10 | Wyncote, PA
Bought the car two years ago. Very comfortable. Active suspension shocks failed in first year. Car drives and looks great. Adjustable suspension offers great range of performances. Spirited drive-train. Sound system leaves opportunity for improvement, GPS and environmental controls clumsy and poorly defined. Not my favorite Benz, but true to the brand.
By on 3/31/10 | Memphis, TN
having to many problems to list, just bought a 2001 s500 and Im angry! It drove good for a week and then everything went bad.