1995 Mercedes-Benz S420 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1995 Mercedes-Benz S420 owners like you.

1995 Mercedes-Benz S420 Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 1995 Mercedes-Benz S420. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 6/9/13 | Mattapan, MA
what cause my S420 Mercedes to lose power when accelerate from stop it sound like the plug missing fire it does it after driven a few miles stopping to a stop it get worse as I go along and stop at a red light or stop for any purpose.Sometimes when I shut car off and let engine cool down about30 to 45 minutes the car will run better.
By on 12/1/12 | Los Angeles, CA
heater dont work and shifter dont work it go in different spot drive is revers 3 is drive. what can i do.
By on 4/29/09 | Columbia, MD
I've owned my 1995 s-420 since 1999, and have been relatively satisfied with it. My main concern is that there is a slight vibration that I cannot get rid of. I've balanced the tires, replaced all four tires, had the drive train checked all to no avail. This has been going on for the last 8 years. It looks like it is something that I will have to live with.
The heating system is slow warming the car up. However, after twenty to thirty minutes it becomes comfortable. The engine seems to be okay, but I have only 91,000 miles on it. I have experienced problems with the oil lines leading to the lifters in the heads, the lifters would give a slight tapping sound and I would immediately take it to Herb Gordens Mercedes shop department. Each time it cost approximately $1,200 to repair. My car is garage kept and pampered. It goes without saying, I like it very much. However, if I were to purchase another car in the future, I think it would be a Lexus LS-460. From what I've read, that seems to be the most reliable car on the road today.