1999 Mercedes-Benz E430 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1999 Mercedes-Benz E430 owners like you.

1999 Mercedes-Benz E430 Ratings Overview
6 car owners like you reviewed their 1999 Mercedes-Benz E430. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 11/20/11 | Fort Lauderdale, FL
I am the second owner of a 1999 E-430. It had 73,000 miles when I became the owner which was 10 months ago. It drives well; the engine runs smoothly. I had to replace the blower and add freon but no major repairs. It is a a great performing car.
By on 7/23/11 | St. Joseph, MI
I am second owner of Sport model. I absolutely love this car. The car has 100,000 on it now and has a few minor issues. Slowly leaking freon (fill once per year), one O2 sensor needs replaced, etc. Not sure yet if I want to attempt the 100,000 service myself or just take it in.
By on 2/6/11 | Purlear, NC
I am the second owner, with the first owner maintaining superb records. The interior ceiling is detaching in the rear, the ash tray is not positioned well for use and the seats are very uncomfortable in the front (this surprises me as I have owned 3 other Mercedes without this problem). The electrical seems to have intermittent "shorts" in it on items that are basically cosmetic (such as the driver side heated seats, ash tray light, cigarette lighter). These are basically "picky" items. My only true problem is now the transmission slipping out of gear and/or not changing gears. This situation is fixed by following the "Limp Home Mode" instructions. The car does have 170K miles with no past transmission issues. The above ratings express my general satisfaction with the car, which I would recommend to anyone.
By on 5/4/10 | Upper Darby, PA
I had a 1999 bmw 740i i love that car, but i went with the e430 it only had 72000 miles on it when i get and it great, it love the open road,
By on 1/14/10 | Henderson, NV
I own a 2000 430, and other than replacing a hose for the airconditioning, It has been a joy to own and drive. It now has 98,000 miles and drives like a new car. I am the second owner, the first, according to my mechanic took very good care of the car, which is why it looks and drives beautifully.
By on 7/10/09 | Houston, TX